SABATO, EL TRIENTE Y UNO DE JULIO, VEINTE-DIEZ
First day in Las Vegas - we got here late last night and from previous experience living here, we'll need a couple of days to acclimatize to the weather. I'm going to get to an Aaron Brothers framing shop and take advantage of their two-for-the-price-of-one framing deal for the small drawings I've been doing. I want to use the same moulding as in the image below - it's called Nantucket and is a gesso-surfaced, black or white, step-frame and I'll be float-mounting the drawings, as the step-recession lends itself to acting like a matte. I've now framed two drawings with this moulding and am really happy with it - one is the Morris Graves portrait that will be exhibited in Seattle for a month over August and also New Cornerstone that is now in a private collection in Berkeley, CA.

No comments:

Blog Archive