DOMINGO, EL ONCE DE OCTUBRE, DOS MIL NUEVE
After looking through a bunch of Irving Penn Vogue photographs, I came across the cover below which reminded me of part of a painting I completed just before heading overseas in 2008. Here's a link to the painting My Ambassador. I guess I painted that image in the roundel for the fear of running out of cash half-way through the trip. It didn't happen, luckily and I even made a couple of sales overseas (don't tell my accountant)...and how am I going to fit in a crucifix? Well, below are rosary beads with a wooden crucifix that I bought from a Mexican Swap-meet in North Las Vegas, a large field with many small tents and stall selling their wares (similar to our A & P shows). When you look through the small metal ring on the crucifix (called a stanhope), an image of the Virgin of Guadeloupe appears.

No comments:

Blog Archive